Application Engineer (Structured Cabling)
We are currently recruiting for an expert in structured cabling who will join us as an Application Engineer.
Based in Fife but covering the whole EMEA region, this role is technically focussed and will involve using cabling expertise and knowledge to improve future product offerings, provide support to our sales teams and support customers directly where required.
Reporting to the Applications and Certification Program Manager, you will be the key technical interface between all Leviton work streams and the external customer base. This includes advising and assisting with all product development projects, remote technical assistance to certified integrators, assisting technical support representatives and rectifying any site-based product issues. The role will also deliver technical training to new certified integrators joining the program.
- Fully engage with Product Managers, Design Engineers and Operations staff on product development projects.
- Drive product feature improvement and facilitate new product development.
- Use and test both Leviton and competitive products. Observe product performance and report results to product managers and management.
- Works with sales and product managers to understand the technical aspects of the products in the market place and suggest improvements to Leviton products.
- Develop technical presentations and provide training to internal and external customers including sales personnel, contractors, consultants and distributors.
- Review customer requirement/specifications and identity proper solutions to meet these needs or offer alternative solutions if applicable.
- Provide technical input to RFIs, RFQs and tender documentation.
Required Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- You will have had relevant cabling experience which could include one of the following:
- Experience either as a Project/Installation Manager within the structured cabling industry;
- Experience of working as a Product/Applications Engineer within a cabling manufacturer.
- Expert knowledge of all relevant ISO/TIA standards is essential.
- Thorough understanding of all copper and fiber structured cabling field testing parameters.
- Hands-on experience with copper and fiber termination.
- Good understanding of emerging and existing technologies.
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers this includes; excellent oral and written communication skills, specifically technical reporting.
Please note – There will be occasional travel required in this role when conducting site audits, integrator training and on-site issues that are unable to be resolved remotely.
To apply, please send your CV and covering to email@example.com