Requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 ("GDPR") Fair Processing Notice
Brand-Rex Limited collects and processes personal data relating to those who apply for jobs. This includes anyone that applies for an advertised vacancy either directly or through a third party (agent) or a speculative inquiry. Brand-Rex Limited is committed to being transparent about how it collects and uses that data and to meeting its data protection obligations.
Where Brand-Rex Limited engages third parties to process personal data on its behalf, they do so on the basis of written instructions, are under a duty of confidentiality and are obliged to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the security of data.
What information does the organisation collect/process?
In support of our recruitment and hiring process we will;
- Retain your CV or application electronically;
- Share your CV with those involved with the recruitment/interview process only.
We do not use an automated process to sift applications, however we do respond to all applicants who apply directly to us through our website, email address or via post.
How we collate information
Brand-Rex source applicants from a number of areas:
- CV’s and applications presented directly from the candidate via post or email;
- CV’s presented by a third-party agent engaged to assist with the recruitment;
- Applications through our company website; or
- CV’s downloaded from a specialised recruitment portal such as Indeed, S1 Jobs, etc.
How we process this data
- All information is stored electronically within a limited access drive;
- Copies of your CV are forwarded to the hiring manager; and
- Details of your name, agency (if applicable) role applied for, salary, source, employment status, current/recent employer and notice or availability are saved within a database along side the role applied for.
Retention of Data
- At the end of a recruitment campaign, Brand-Rex will retain the CV/applications from unsuccessful candidates for up to 6 months when they will be deleted from our system. Any hard copies will be shredded and disposed of via our waste disposal contractor/s.
- CV’s of successful candidates will be transferred to their electronic personnel file to form part of their employment history with the company, additional copies are deleted or shredded;
- Headline data detailed in the previous section will be retained indefinitely to assist with future recruitment campaigns.
We process this personal data for the purposes of taking steps at the request of the applicant prior to entering into a contract to assess the applicant’s suitability for a particular role.
As a data subject, you have a number of rights. You can:
- access and obtain a copy of your data on request;
- require the company to change incorrect or incomplete data;
- require the company to delete or stop processing your data, for example where the data is no longer necessary for the purposes of processing;
- object to the processing of your data where the company is relying on its legitimate interests as the legal ground for processing; and
- ask the company to stop processing data for a period if data is inaccurate or there is a dispute about whether or not your interests override the company’s legitimate grounds for processing data.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact a member of the Human Resources Team on firstname.lastname@example.org / +44 (0) 1592 772124. You can make a subject access request by completing a Subject Data Request Form which is available from our HR Department.
If you believe that Brand-Rex Limited has not complied with your data protection rights, you can complain to the Information Commissioner.